1) What happens when you win a bid on a popular action site :

  • If you win an auction, the auction site will send you an email that contains the seller's username and email address along with your winning bid amount. The seller will send instructions on making payment.
  • Once you receive this information, forward it to Stoney Creek Arms. We will then submit the FFL to the seller.
  • Seller will ship firearm to Stoney Creek Arms.
  • Firearm must be in Stoney Creek Arms possession before DROS can be started.
  • Once we receive it, we can set up an appointment so you can start the paperwork for the transfer.

2) Private Party Transfers:

  • Both parties must be present. (Out of state transfers are not considered Private Party Transfers)
  • Both parties must provide valid current driver's license. (Must not be expired). Federal Limits Apply on your license? Bring your passport or birth certificate.
  • $37.19 DROS Fee plus $10 Dealer Fee (No tax is charged on Private Party Transfers)

3) What do I need for a Hand Gun or Long Gun Transfer?

  • You must be 21 years old to buy a hand gun or long gun
  • Valid Current Driver's License (Must not be expired).  Federal Limits Apply on your license? Bring your passport or birth certificate. 
  • For handguns you will need Proof of Residency ~ click here for more info:  http://oag.ca.gov.firearms/dlrfaqs#13G
  • Gun Lock or Safe Affidavit (make and model of gun safe)
  • Firearm Safety Card - test and card issued $25

4) Do I need to pay sales/use tax on items I buy from outside California?